Yasushi Shinohara, Project Researcher
Project Researcher, Photon Science Center, School of Engineering, the University of Tokyo
Please replace ●with @.
- Development of simulation scheme for laser processing via state-of-the-art coherent light sources
- Simulations of ultrafast phenomena in extended systems driven by coherent light sources
- 2013 Ph. D., Department of Physics, University of Tsukuba
- 2013 M. Eng., Department of Computer Science, University of Tsukuba
- 2010 M. Sc., Department of Physics, University of Tsukuba
- 2008 B. Sc., Tokyo University of Science
- Nov. 2015 – present Project Researcher, Photon Science Center, School of Engineering, the University of Tokyo
- Apr. 2014 – Oct. 2015 Postdoctoral Fellow, Max Planck Institute of Microstructure Physics
- Apr. 2013 – Mar. 2014 Research Fellow (PD), Japan Society for the Promotion of Science
- Apr. 2012 – Mar. 2013 Research Fellow (DC2), Japan Society for the Promotion of Science
Grants and Fellowships
- Jun. 2016 – Mar. 2019 Exploratory Challenge on Post-K computer (MEXT)
- Apr. 2013 – Mar. 2014 PD Research Fellowship for Young Scientists offered by Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS)
- Apr. 2012 – Mar. 2013 DC2 Research Fellowship for Young Scientists offered by Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS)
- Sep. 2010 – Mar. 2011 Junior Research fellow, Japan Atomic Energy Agency (JAEA)
- Apr. 2010 – Mar. 2012 USHIO scholarship, The Ushio Foundation
- Yuki Nagai, Yasushi Shinohara, Yasunori Futamura, Tetsuya Sakurai, Reduced-Shifted Conjugate-Gradient Method for a Green’s Function: Efficient Numerical Approach in a Nano-structured Superconductor, J. Phys. Soc. Jpn. 86 014708 (Dec. 2016) (DOI: 10.7566/JPSJ.86.014708)
- M. Lucchini, S. A. Sato, A. Ludwig, J. Herrmann, M. Volkov, L. Kasmi, Y. Shinohara, K. Yabana, L. Gallmann, U. Keller, Attosecond dynamical Franz-Keldysh effect in polycrystalline diamond, Science 353, 916-919 (Aug. 2016) (DOI: 10.1126/science.aag1268)
- T. Otobe, Y. Shinohara, S. A. Sato, and K. Yabana, “Femtosecond time-resolved dynamical Franz-Keldysh effect”, Phys. Rev. B 93, 045124 (Jan., 2016).
- Shunsuke A. Sato, Yasutaka Taniguchi, Yasushi Shinohara and Kazuhiro Yabana, “Nonlinear electronic excitations in crystalline solids using meta-generalized gradient approximation and hybrid functional in time-dependent density functional theory”, J. Chem. Phys. 143, 224116 (Dec., 2015).
- S. A. Sato, K. Yabana, Y. Shinohara, T. Otobe, K.-M. Lee, and G. F. Bertsch, “Time-dependent density functional theory of high-intensity short-pulse laser irradiation on insulators”, Phys. Rev. B 92, 205413 (Nov., 2015).
- Y. Shinohara, S. Sharma, S. Shallcross, N. N. Lathiotakis, and E. K. U. Gross, “Spectrum for Nonmagnetic Mott Insulators from Power Functional within Reduced Density Matrix Functional Theory”, J. Chem. Theory Comput. 11, 4895 (Nov., 2015).
- Y Shinohara, S Sharma, J K Dewhurst, S Shallcross, N N Lathiotakis and E K U Gross, “Doping induced metal-insulator phase transition in NiO—a reduced density matrix functional theory perspective”, New J. Phys. 17, 093038 (Sep., 2015).
- S. A. Sato, Y. Shinohara, T. Otobe, and K. Yabana, “Dielectric response of laser-excited silicon at finite electron temperature”, Phys. Rev. B 90, 174303 (2014).
- S. A. Sato, K. Yabana, Y. Shinohara, T. Otobe, and G. F. Bertsch, “Numerical pump-probe experiments of laser-excited silicon in nonequilibrium phase”, Phys. Rev. B 89, 064304 (2014).
- Kyung-Min Lee, Chul Min Kim, Shunsuke A. Sato, Tomohito Otobe, Yasushi Shinohara, Kazuhiro Yabana and Tae Moon Jeong, “First-principles simulation of the optical response of bulk and thin-film α-quartz irradiated with an ultrashort intense laser pulse”, J. Appl. Phys. 115, 053519 (2014).
- Yuki Nagai, Yasushi Shinohara, Yasunori Futamura, Yukihiro Ota, and Tetsuya Sakurai, “Numerical Construction of a Low-Energy Effective Hamiltonian in a Self-Consistent Bogoliubov–de Gennes Approach of Superconductivity”, J. Phys. Soc. Jpn. 82, 094701 (2013).
- Y. Shinohara, S.A. Sato, K. Yabana, J.-I. Iwata, T. Otobe, and G.F. Bertsch, “Nonadiabatic generation of coherent phonons”, J. Chem, Phys. 137, 22A527 (2012) : Erratum: “Nonadiabatic generation of coherent phonons” [J. Chem. Phys. 137, 22A527 (2012)], J. Chem. Phys. 138, 029903 (2013).
- K. Yabana, T. Sugiyama, Y. Shinohara, T. Otobe, and G.F. Bertsch, “Time-dependent density functional theory for strong electromagnetic fields in crystalline solids”, Phys. Rev. B 85, 045134 (2012).
- K. Yabana, Y. Shinohara, T. Otobe J.-I. Iwata, and G.F. Bertsch, “Real-time and real-space dnesity functional calculation for electron dynamics in crystalline solids”, Procedia computer Science 4, 852 (2011).
- Y. Shinohara, K. Yabana, Y. Kawashita, J.-I. Iwata, T. Otobe, and G.F. Bertsch, “Coherent phonon generation in time-dependent density functional theory”, Phys. Rev. B 82, 1551110 (2010).
- Y. Shinohara, Y. Kawashita, J.-I. Iwata, K. Yabana, T. Otobe, and G.F. Bertsch, “First-principles description for coherent phonon generation in diamond”, J. Phys.: Condens. Matter 22, 384212 (2010).
- 篠原 康，乙部智仁，岩田潤一，矢花一浩、「第一原理計算で探るコヒーレントフォノンの生成機構」、日本物理学会誌第67巻685頁（2012）（Y. Shinohara, T. Otobe, J.-I. Iwata, and K. Yabana, First-Principles Calculation to Explore Mechanisms of Coherent Phonon Generation, BUTSURI 67, 685 (2012)）.
- Kazuhiro YABANA and Yasushi SHINOHARA, “Real-Time TDDFT Simulation for Light-Induced Electron-Phonon Dynamics in Dielectrics”, ISSP Supercomputer Activity Report 2010 (2010).
Part of Books
- K. Yabana, Y. Shinohara, T. Otobe, Jun-Ichi. Iwata, and George F Bertsch, “First-Principles Calculations for Laser Induced Electron Dynamics in Solids”, Advances in Multi-Photon Processes and Spectroscopy (Volume 21) 209, World scientific (2013).
- Yasushi Shinohara, “First-principles simulation of nonlinear optical phenomena -Massively parallel computing for more accuracy-”, International Workshop on Massively Parallel Programming for Quantum Chemistry and Physics 2017, Kobe AICS, 2017/1/9-/10
- ”Ab-initio theory for dielectric response of laser-excited silicon, Friedrich-Alexander-Universität, Germany, 23th January 2015 (invited).
- ”Description of coherent phonon generation based on first-principle calculation”, The University of Electro-Communications, Japan, 16th January 2010 (invited).
- Mar.2017 Promotion of Engineering Research Award
- 2016 The 7th ISUILS Award for Young Researchers
- Oct. 2015 First prize for poster award in “Exploration of ultra-fast timescales using time dependent density functional theory and quantum optimal control theory”
- Jul. 2013 Second prize for poster award in “Electronic structure at the cutting edge with Elk”
- Mar. 2013 Prize from graduate school of pure and applied science in University of Tsukuba for doctoral thesis
- Mar. 2010 Prize from graduate school of pure and applied science in University of Tsukuba for master thesis