POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCHERS (Ab-initio Simulations)
We are seeking postdoctoral researchers for Full-time Project Researcher position(s) as stated below.
1. Job Title and Number of Positions: Project Researcher (full time), 1 or 2. (open for both Japanese and international candidates)
2. Office: Prof. Ishikawa Laboratory at Department of Nuclear Engineering and Management, School of Engineering, the University of Tokyo (http://www.atto.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp/en)
3. Location: University of Tokyo, Hongo Campus (Engineering Building No.8, 7-3-1 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo)
To develop and conduct ab-initio (first-principles) simulations of molecules subject to attosecond and/or intense femtosecond laser pulses, as a member of the CREST project.
(About the Project: CREST “Attosecond Reaction Dynamics Controller” project (project leader: Kenichi L. Ishikawa) is a 5-year project sponsored by Japan Science and Technology Agency (JST), and will combine state-of-the art ab-initio simulations, attosecond laser technology, and ultrafast time-resolved spectroscopy to observe attosecond electronic motion and control chemical reactions.)
5. Qualifications and Experience
(1) A PhD or equivalent degree holder, or a candidate must obtain a PhD degree before starting date.
(2) Excellent research background to pursue the abovementioned responsibilities, preferably experience related to either of the following areas:
· Development, application, or large-scale parallelization of ab-initio simulations (wave function theory or density functional theory)
· Development or application of non-adiabatic quantum dynamics simulations (electron and nuclear dynamics)
6. Duration of Contract: 1-year contract to be renewed every academic year based on performance review. (However, the contract is to terminate earlier of 5 years from staring date or March 31, 2021)
7. Starting Date: Earliest possible date
8. Application Documents (Submit by a registered mail or send PDF by e-mail)
(1) CV (Download a format and instructions from http://www.u-tokyo.ac.jp/en/news/jobs/ No signature required if submitted via e-mail)
(2) List of achievements (peer-reviewed original journal papers, review papers, international conference proceedings, books, patents, others, etc. List all authors’ names. Include only already published or accepted papers.)
(3) Up to 3 reprints/ photocopies of your selected articles
(4) Names and contact information (must include e-mail address) of 2 professional references
(5) Description of (i) your research achievements/ highlights, (ii) about yourself (technical skills, experience, motives and goals, etc.) (approximately 1,000 words each)
9. Deadline: Application documents must be received no later than February 15 (Mon), 2016. We may end recruiting process before the deadline if we find suitable candidates.
10. Submission and Enquiries
Prof. Kenichi Ishikawa
Department of Nuclear Engineering and Management, School of Engineering, the University of Tokyo
Address: 7-3-1 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo, 113-8656 Japan
Tel.: 03-5841-0710 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
· In accordance with the University Tokyo’s “Declaration of Gender Equality Acceleration” (March 3, 2009), we welcome female candidates.
· If submitting your application documents by postal mail, please mark an envelope “Application for Project Researcher” in red, then send by a registered mail.
· If submitting your application documents by e-mail, put “Project Researcher 160215 Application” in the subject line. In case you don’t receive a notification within 72 hours after submission, please give us a call.
· We may request you to submit additional documents.
· After screening, applicants may be requested to come for an interview at their own expenses.
· The applications are not returnable for any reason. Personal information received through this application process will not be used for any other purposes.